Tomorrow we head for the airport at 1. So basically it's tonight:) This week the girls have been gone so Shemeniel has been hanging out with me here. Thursday was my last meeting. Was definitely a memorable one. I interpreted by myself, the power went out, a frog attacked my foot and our bus hit a dog. Saying goodbye to everyone wasn't easy. I'm going to miss so many of the friends here. The locals have all been very welcoming and helpful. Its been amazing to see how no matter where you are the Brothers and Sisters are the same:)
Yesterday and today we went on a few studies. Today at Andreas we stuck around after and I did puzzles with her and her older cousin Abby. The two of them also danced for us. Andrea was a little shy at first but that went away quickly and then she was trying on wigs and dancing around lol. Trying to explain to our studies that I am leaving and wont see them again is kinda hard. They don't really get it. I guess it will make more sense once the other girls keep visiting them without me.
This afternoon Shemeniel is off doing some of her studies and I am finishing packing up my stuff. Gonna try to stay awake tonight and just sleep on the drive in and hopefully on the plane.
The last 3 months have gone by surprisingly fast. I've loved all the bible studies and the crazy experiences we've had! Portland is going to be kinda boring now!
Even though I will miss all my new friends (and of course Faith, Abi and Dana) I can't wait to get home and see my family. I'll share all my pictures as soon as I get them all sorted out:)
See you soon!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We will miss reading your blog but we are excited to have you coming home. Have a safe trip! We can't wait to see you and the boys in a few weeks (can you say In-N-Out?).
ReplyDeleteLove,
Auntie Steph & Uncle Ty
ur last post, kinda happy/sad, u will be missed there very much... the dance was a special gift for u...hope u will see them again soeday sooon!!!! glad ur comin home))) Jen
ReplyDelete