Tuesdays are going to be the days we head out to an area called Blackbush. There are two deaf girls that are studying but haven't been contacted in a very long time. That area also hasn't been searched much, so we have a lot of work to do there. Blackbush is in the middle of nowhere. In South America the middle of nowhere is very different then it is in the states. We first walked down the main road to get to the bus stop that takes people into Blackbush. Once there were enough people waiting to fill a bus, we loaded up and headed in. Mr. Toad would be very proud. Disneyland could easily have a new attraction. The road is not traveled a lot so it's not really taken care of. Lots of potholes. The drivers swerve back and forth to "avoid" them. We also crossed a few bridges. I'm not sure if the boards going across the river we're even secured in any way, but we made it. We we're on that road for a while before we arrived at the middle of nowhere. Then continued walking even farther. Neither of our bible studies were home, but we made plans for next week to study. This week all the kids are off for Christmas break so one was off visiting family. The other was at Sunday school. I know. Its Tuesday. But both of their moms said they will make sure they are home next week. We're looking forward to that:)
We did a lot of walking, but it hasn't been too hot today so it was actually really nice to be outside. There are tons of goats and cows roaming freely and rice fields in that area. At one point we had to walk through a group of about 100 goats that were hanging out in the road. The baby ones are pretty cute. There are also alligators in the waterways out there, but we didn't see any. It's a really pretty area. Probably my favorite place here so far. Lots of coconut trees. I'll be taking lots of pictures there. When it was time to come home we found a bus stop and waited, and waited. Finally one came around. He had no fear of potholes. Just kept his foot on the gas and took them on head first. People were bumping their heads, sunglasses were flying. And on the rare occasion he did swerve to avoid them, it was a very last minute decision that resulted in everyone sliding to the left or right because of the fancy leather seats. We made one stop to drop off a woman at her house. Once she got off we realized she was very pregnant. Not quite sure how she kept from going into labor. But we made it out in one piece. A lot of excitement. Can't wait to do it again next week:) Hopefully I'll have good experiences to share about our studies there!
Sorry I haven't posted any pictures. I really wish I could. Our internet's pretty slow. I will keep trying though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What an adventure danielle! I wish we were there with you! We are so proud of you, keep us updated:) love you so much - mom xoxo
ReplyDeleteHi D -
ReplyDeleteAs I sit at work and stare blankly at an Excel spread sheet your Mom tells me that you've updated your blog and I can't help but laugh out loud! Thanks for the updates on the bus rides and livestock. Tell Faith that I said Hi. Take care of each other!
Love Auntie Steph
PS - Did I mention that I had In-N-Out for lunch?
Are you laughing as much as you do on a Disneyland ride? Sounds fun but a little scary, being as there are no tracks to hold you on the road. I hope you find success in getting your studies home. Nice to know it's not just here that we get the not-at-homes! Thanks for the update, you provied us with much entertainment:)
ReplyDeleteLove, Danielle S.